Students need to choose their own style of schooling

Students need to pave their own way in life.

No matter what style of schooling you choose, there are always so many decisions.

Audrey Herron, reporter

If you’re like me, you’ve gotten so used to switching schools, it comes as second nature. Most parents choose where to send their kids for school, whether it be online, home schooled, private, charter, or public school. My parents put me in public school, but the school boundaries kept changing on me, so I attended 2 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and as of right now 1 high school, and I haven’t even moved! So, I’ve learned to adapt and make friends easily.

Though kids start off at a young age of five, participating in schools across the U.S, parents choose where to start them off at. When kids reach the age of about 14, that’s when students should be able to choose where to finish their education.

When students reach the age of about 14, that’s when they are able to make their own decisions, and should decide where they want to continue their education.

Once students are old enough to make their own decisions, they should be able to decide what kind of an education they want because it is their own knowledge that could be enhanced or downplayed.

So, when students reach this age, they should be able to decide if they want to pick a different style of education.

When students reach the age of 14, so around 8th or 9th grade, they are able to make their own decisions, however they have also had about 10 years of schooling under their belt.

This means they have experience in attending school, so they should be able to adapt if necessary.

Students are able to adapt once they receive enough experience in the school environment and have reached about 8th and 9th grade.

Once students reach high school, they have enough experience in the school environment and can adapt if necessary.

However, some parents believe that they have the right to choose their child’s education style no matter how old they are, as long as they are still a minor.

Parents believe they are responsible for their child and feel the need to protect them from making mistakes.

However, if you are sheltering your child from making those mistakes, they never have the chance to even make a decision for themselves, so when they do reach the age of 18, they have no idea what to do.

Parents need to step back a little bit once their children reach a certain age and let them decide for themselves and learn from their mistakes.

The logical solution is to wait the end of middle school/beginning of high school and then let your child adapt and learn from their mistakes and pave their own way in life. They need that life trait for the rest of their lives.

Students have the right to decide for themselves and can choose their own learning style if they would like once they reach a certain age.

Frader, Joel E., and Erin Flanagan. “Minors as Decision-Makers.” Edited by Douglas S. Diekema et al., Www.aap.org, American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Bioethics and Section on Bioethics, 2016, www.aap.org/en-us/Documents/Bioethics-MinorsAsDecisionMakers.pdf.

“The Role of School Adaptation and Self-Concept in Influencing Chinese High School Students’ Growth in Math Achievement.” Edited by Danhui Zhang et al., Www.frontiersin.org, International Cooperation Research Program of Faculty of Education, Beijing Normal University and Faculty of Education and Social Work, The University of Sydney, 29 Nov. 2018, www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2018.02356/full.

O’ Quigley, Ann. “Listening to Children’s Views.” Www.jrf.org.uk, Joseph Rowntree Foundation, 2000, www.jrf.org.uk/sites/default/files/jrf/migrated/files/1859353363.pdf.