Join the Gender and Sexuality Alliance Club

A great place to show your true self!

This poster was created by a fellow GSA member.

Quanesha Williams

Quanesha Williams

Many people out there are looking for a place to fit in or express themselves. Club Adviser Story Holston sponsors a club for anyone to join.

“We work to create a safe place to provide support, promote equality, and increase access to information for students, faculty, and staff though events, projects, meetings, research and guest speakers,” Mrs. Holston states.

Bri Hoggatt is an 11th grader who has been in the Gender and Sexuality Alliance (GSA) for the past two years. “Mrs. Holston motivated me by being really passionate about the pride community! She accepts us for who we are, and respects our pronouns and sexualities.”

Kyle Hewett is a freshman this year who has recently joined the GSA. “ I feel my progress is doing well,” they said. Their learnings and experiences will follow them through high school and even after, “I want others like myself to learn about who they are and feel comfortable in their bodies,” they explained. 

If  you are an A-day student and thinking about  joining (GSA) feel free to get a hold of Bri Hoggatt. She is the A-day president. “This is a club that is a safe place for anyone who is an ally to the pride community! You can come and visit to show us who we can express ourselves around. A place to not feel bullied or hated upon.” She said. 

For B-day students you will want to get a hold of Eden-Aksel Smity. You may also stop by room B-19 to talk to Mrs. Holston.

“We wish to empower the members of the community regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality, social class, religion, (dis)ability, citizenship, or any other barrier, though developing an inclusive and affirmative campus community.” Mrs. Holston.