“Mamma Mia! here we go again”

Highland High school's current play is Mamma Mia.

Photo credit; Mrs. Greco

This is some of the cast for the play, Mamma Mia.

Mamma Mia is the current play being shown at Highland High School from March 11th-14th as well as the 16th and 17th.  The overall plot of the play is about a young girl who is about to get married and wants her dad to walk her down the aisle, the problem is that she doesn’t know who her dad is. She goes through her mother’s diary and finds three candidates that could be her father and invites them to her wedding, where shenanigans ensue. 

The location of the play will be Highland High School’s Auditorium at 7:00 PM each night and also an extra showing at 1:00 PM on the 14th. Ticket prices are $5 for students and $8 for adults. Seeing this play would help support the drama department as well as the new drama teacher and director, Alix Van Noy.

The lead roles in this play are Destini McKee, Sophie Jaglowski, Jade Steed, Sean Phinney, Draven Parish, Trenton Brown, Sam Bacon, Josiah, Sully, Danica Taylor, Lexie Crockett, and Austen. 

Abby Record is the stage manager for the play. When asked about what the job of stage manager entails she states, They are usually the assistant to the director. They have the script at all times to make sure the actors are doing the right thing. They keep track of all the props and placement and during production they are in charge of sound and cues.” When asked what made her take the position of stage manager she stated, “I wanted to try it, I heard that the stage managers get paid more than actors so that was something I looked at and said, let’s try it.”

Overall, Record’s experience in the play so far, saying, “It’s been fun, the music is good and the actors are prestigious. We all have good chemistry and are a good group of people.”