Kids in crisis because of finals

The clock is ticking, kids are freaking

Kids in crisis because of finals

Tyylar Sautner isn`t particularly stressed because her classes aren't that bad.

Tyylar Sautner isn`t particularly stressed because her classes aren't that bad. "I will be taking a final early tomorrow." said Sautner.

Elijah Keen

Elijah Keen

Elijah Keen

Elijah Keen
Andrew Hale is afraid to fail finals and is stressed about testing. Hale is preparing for finals by sleeping.

Students are stressing about upcoming finals. Junior Jenna Onoules said “oh yeah, I’m stressed over everything.” the same thing was said by senior Sara Nield, she states “Yeah, there are some classes that I’m stressing about but not all of it though.” Most of these kids are stressed, being stressed is not good for you.

According to the HelpGuide.org, chronic stress disrupts nearly every system in your body. It can suppress your immune system, upset your digestive and reproductive systems, increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, and speed up the aging process. to help get rid of this stress 57% of students say that they study for finals. Senior, Sara Neild said that she studies for finals but still is stressed about them. 

A solution that teachers can do is try to make a less stressful environment for the students. An example of this would be giving the kids gum so that their brain functions a little bit more. According to wwwforbebs.com, they state. “Gum has been studied for its beneficial effects on memory, alertness, anxiety reduction, appetite suppression, mood, and learning. The hunch that spawned gum studies was that chewing gum might increase blood flow to the brain, and that may, in turn, spark other important effects.” 

Some other ways a teacher can help create a stress-free environment would be playing classical music. This may sound weird, and you may ask yourself why classical and not any other genre of music. According to www.thehealthy.com, they say. “Listening to classical music can trigger even more physiological benefits than decreasing cortisol levels and lowering blood pressure. It can also increase the release of the feel-good neurotransmitter dopamine in your brain, which can reduce stress and, as a result, help you feel more relaxed.” 

Dylan Brisa says that he believe teachers should help with not stressing the kids out. he even goes on to say “I swear teachers try their hardest to mess with the kids and purposely try to stress us out.”  I believe that the school should create a environment that kids want to show up to. Most kids have jobs in high school and are busy after school. maybe a week of free time off would be nice to help get us caught up on missing homework or redoing stuff so we can catch up on our grades.