JV and Freshmen Football lose only one game this season

Football boys take out the trash

Mason Lemmon prepares to throw the football downfield in the game against Pocatello High School.

Mason Lemmon prepares to throw the football downfield in the game against Pocatello High School. "We always try our best to bounce back when we are losing at half time," Lemmon said.

Faith Duncan

Faith Duncan

Faith Duncan

Junior Varsity football has gone with 6 wins and only 1 loss this season against Coeur d’Alene, one of JV’s finest ratios in recent years. JV running back Eli Parrish says that one of the main ingredients to their success is not being afraid to tell each other what they’re doing wrong so they can improve.

Coaches Dane Beorchia and Michael Berger are the head JV coaches, while the head Freshmen coaches are John Banks and Jason Whitmore. The Freshmen’s season is going similarly to JV in their win-loss ratio at 6 wins and 1 loss.

Player Gavin Butler credits their victories to listening to music before every game to get hyped up. With only one loss per team, both teams will continue to the end of the season with upcoming games against Madison and Rigby.