Fast food can be dangerous to your health

Bridget%2C+Cannon%2C+and+Brody%2C+all+sophomores%2C+make+a+McDonald%E2%80%99s+sign+for+the+camera+

Bridget, Cannon, and Brody, all sophomores, make a McDonald’s sign for the camera

Tajia Delacour

Tajia Delacour

Tajia Delacour

Taija Delacour and Marissa Soto

Fast food can be dangerous if you eat too much of it. Teens are too lazy to make food and are most likely to crave fast food. Commercials don’t help much either. Teens around the world eat fast food because 1) of “Powerful marketing strategies….,” says NDTV’s website, “… sell processed food with low nutrition value.” Mrs. Jenkins, a teacher here at Highland, explains that students eat fast food because it’s convenient and because we are often not willing to make our own food from scratch. 34% of children and adolescents consume fast foods on a given day. Researchers found that kids and adolescents ate twice as much as children ages 2-11. 80% of children say that McDonald’s is their favorite place to eat, according to the article “Fast Food statistics.” Fast food is almost always higher in fats, particularly saturated fats, salt, and sugar and is lower in fiber, nutrients, such as calcium and iron. Fast food is always served in larger portions. Eating too much fast food can leave you feeling sluggish, and a poor diet can cause weight gain, high blood pressure, constipation, and fatigue and concentration problems.

Gino and Joe answer parent said and Child said questions for us.