Plans this year from the student government

Carson King, president of student government is running the scavenger hunt on the opening day assembly in this picture. we can expect to see more of him during assemblies this year.

Briley Anderson

Briley Anderson

Briley Anderson

Shelton Germain and Braylon Carson

The Student government plans for this year will have many activities. Most of the calender this year has a lot of sports events. some of them already underway like football, soccer, and volleyball. Student government is in charge of assemblies with our next assembly this Friday to celebrate the Black and Blue Bowl. Activities director Dylan Jester said that every year he has been here “we have done Highland Idol.” Highland Idol takes place in the spring and raises money for a recipient of Make A Wish. The student government is also planning a Make A Wish assembly.

Currently, homecoming is approaching. The dance and football game is planned out right now, but other homecoming events include a bbq and a bingo night which are still in the planning process. The week of homecoming is from October 1-4. The game will take place October 3 and the dance on October 4. Other activities to note from the fifth and sixth of December we have at least seven speech and debate or sports events every day. We will also be having a Veterans Day assembly this year. We have new activities during assemblies including a volleyball tournament during one assembly. There will be a mix of traditional and new throughout the year.

There are still many events the student government has yet to plan. Some of those include activities before winter break and the end of the year. All the schedules for sports and clubs are on the activities calendar if you want to go to one. You can see all the sports events on the activities calendar at hhsrams.com. The new assembly addition this year will be Make a Wish. Make a Wish is a foundation that helps cancer kids dreams come true.  The student government plans to do more activities so we will be very busy this year.