Things to do for summer vacation

Here are some camps and activities that can be enjoyed throughout the long summer vacation.

Things to do for summer vacation

Sarah Bounmixay, Chief Editor

Ms. Debbie Greco
Shoshone Falls is about a two-hour drive from Pocatello. It is considered the Niagra Falls of the west.

There are so many places to go for the summer and to enjoy the lovely hot weather. The Idaho Museum of Natural History would hold multiple activities and days showing off specific exhibits to anyone who wants to attend, such as a Harry Potter Day where they show the science of mother nature’s magic. Don’t forget that we also have a museum all about cleaning products. Down near Downtown is the Museum of Clean featuring vacuums, toilets, and a large play area for anyone to explore.

Of course, if someone wants their summer to have even more educational activities, they can always head over to the Fort Hall Replica. Visitors there can explore the 19th-century westward migration along the Oregon Trail. For more history, you can head over to the Bannock County Historical Museum where they showcase donated artifacts and photos.

But summer doesn’t

To work out more over the summer is the Community Recreation Center offering classes and activities all year such as swimming, dancing, rock climbing, weight lifting, cardio, racquetball, and more.

Within three hours of Pocatello:

1. The Potato Museum in Blackfoot
  2. Shoshone Bannock Tribal Museum
  3. The Museum of Idaho in Idaho Falls
  4. Visiting of kayaking near Shoshone Falls near Twin Falls Idaho
  5. Boating, water skiing, hiking, fishing, etc. at Bear Lake
  6. Jackson Hole, Wyoming
  7. Yellowstone National Park
  8. Biking/hiking City Creek, Cherry Springs, or Satterfield Bike Trails in Pocatello
  9. Maple Grove Hot Springs in Thatcher
  10. Lava Hot Springs
  11. Salt Lake City, Utah
  12. Boise, Idaho
  13. Ross Park water park
  14. Pocatello or Idaho Falls Zoo
  15. East Idaho Aquarium in Idaho Falls
  16. Idaho Falls River Walk – Greenbelt trail
  17. Portneuf Amphitheatre – Clint Black June 28; Dwight Yoakam July 12; The Piano Guys August 17
  18. Bannock County Event Center – Idaho High School Rodeo State Finals, June 10; El Korah Shrine Circus June 18; Bannock County Independence Celebration July 4
  19. Portneuf Wellness Complex – Family fun day June 8
  20. 2019 Shoshone-Bannock Festival Powwow August 8-11