Rampage

• December 6Orchestra concert at 7PM at Century's auditorium

• December 6Wrestling match after school on 12/6

• September 17Read the latest newsletter at https://rammessages.blogspot.com/

13 Locks Escape Rooms

My experience in the cell-block, of 13 Locks Escape Rooms.

13 Locks Escape Rooms

Jordan Iverson right, and Joel Besel Left, pose together after successfully escaping the cell-block.

Staff

Staff

Staff

Jordan Iverson, Reporter

Me and some friends took a trip to the 13 Locks Escape Rooms, in Old Town Pocatello.When me and my friends arrived it is a little creepy outside, but it was also dark outside. Once we were inside we were greeted at the front desk where we checked in. There is two rooms, “Cell-Block 13” and “Dr.Deadbolt’s lab.” Me and my group were going to go into “Cell-Block 13”, so we had to state which room we had planned to do. Once we were checked in they took us back to the briefing room, where they went over procedures and make sure we were are okay to go into the room. After that we watched a short video explaining the background story of the cell-block. The story was a little cheesy but overall it was pretty good at getting us in the setting of the story and did a good job at making us feel that we were trying to escape the cell block.

To escape the cell-block you have to get out of handcuffs, and the jail cells that you are put in. You also have to find your release papers in the Warden’s office, that he is hiding so that the, “inmates”, (you) can get out. You have to figure out codes and look for clues, to find keys and to unlock locks, and to get into doors.

We headed into the basement where the room was. To start off the experience we were handcuffed and locked in an actual jail cell. We had exactly one hour to escape from the cell-block. Half of our team was locked in another jail cell parallel to ours. From there we had to follow clues to find where the keys to our handcuffs were. We had to work with the other half of our team as well, even though they were in the other cell. Once we got out of our cuffs and got the other team out of there’s, we had to get our whole team out of the two cells. Once we were out of the those we had to get into the warden’s office. We had to figure out a code to get into the office, and it was very fun. Through the whole thing, whenever we found a code or noticed a clue, it was so satisfying and just made us want to keep going. We did finish the challenge and escaped the room, with little time to spare.

This experience overall was very great and I would recommend that you go. The only bad part of my experience was that a couple of the clues were faulty but that did not ruin it at all.

If you plan on going you have to book a program in advance. To get in it is 25$ per person, but it is so fun and worth the experience. If you do want to go I recommend that you go with more than two people and also to go with people you get along with.  You can book a program at  https://www.thirteenlocks.com/ .