Rampage

• November 1Football plays Mtn View in the semi-finals Friday 8:15 PM Holt Arena

• September 17Read the latest newsletter at https://rammessages.blogspot.com/

Socks and sandals slipping into the trends

Socks with sandals are pretty popular, so what makes them so trendy? Is it the look? Or maybe they're just really comfortable and easy to do.

TRYING+SOCKS+AND+SANDALS+FOR+A+DAY-+Kimberly+Miller%27s+first+day+of+wearing+socks+and+sandals+all+day+for+an+experiment+of+this+article.+
TRYING SOCKS AND SANDALS FOR A DAY- Kimberly Miller's first day of wearing socks and sandals all day for an experiment of this article.

Kimberly Miller

Kimberly Miller

Kimberly Miller, Reporter

It may be a little chilly for just plain sandals, so how do we solve this? Not by wearing tennis shoes or boots, no instead we throw some socks on, put back on our sandals and head out! Nowadays people, including students here at Highland, are wearing any type of socks with Jandals or Slides. Jandals is a type of sandal that is open-toed and backless, same with Slides, the difference between the two is the material they are made of,  Slides typically are made with memory foam and Jandals are made from rubber with a leather look. Socks and sandals has been very popular especially when compared to the days when it was referred to as an “old man” trend.

Carson Croxall, a Junior here at HHS, says he doesn’t wear socks with sandals, “I prefer tennis shoes because they feel more comfortable, and I can do more physical activities in them.” Croxall also says socks with sandals “Looks silly” and “Kinda like what a nerdy dad would wear.” and when asked if he would ever wear socks with sandals he replied with a strong “No way Jose!”

Out of curiosity, and for the sake of this article, I decided to wear my Jandals with socks. At first it felt kinda odd in a sense that it felt like I was just wearing socks at school, but throughout the day I got used to them it and they became pretty comfortable. One thing I did not enjoy was that they were constantly slipping off because the socks had no grip causing the sandals to constantly slid down making it difficult to run, and even walk. Overall, socks with sandals isn’t the worst thing, they are fairly comfortable and extremely easy to put together because they require hardly any effort, no laces to tie, no worry about the weather, just ease.

About the Contributor
Kimberly Miller, Reporter

Kimberly Miller's favorite hobby is volley ball. She has also won first place with an Education Award and earned first place in a swimming contest.