Rampage

• November 1Football plays Mtn View in the semi-finals Friday 8:15 PM Holt Arena

• September 17Read the latest newsletter at https://rammessages.blogspot.com/

Workout or waste away

Working out is a key part in staying fit and healthy so what are you waiting for? Get up and start going!

Kimberly Miller, Reporter

Working out on a regular basis is important in staying in shape and can also have a positive mental result. Working out can improve your attitude and increase your energy, and of course, keeps you healthy. Starting the habit of working out while you’re young can help when you begin to get older, Kayden Thomas, a freshman at Highland High School, says ” I mainly run. I run everyday for cross country then when I get home I run 3 to 5 miles” when asked if he has seen benefits from running, Thomas said “it makes you skinny”. Running is actually one of the most healthiest exercises, physical and mental, but it is not the only form of working out, an anonymous source has said they do “all the stuff in P.E. then 30 sit-ups at home, so I work out twice a day” and in total it takes them about 10 minutes. The source works out because it keeps them in shape and “if something is on your mind then you can take it out on that.” Sure, it takes some out of your day, and yes it may be a little hard at first, but working out will be make you happier with yourself and state of mind.

Personally, I did an experiment of working out everyday for 4 months and found the workouts really cleared my mind and be calming. I was actually so satisfied by the results I continue to exercise as much as possible. If your waiting for an invitation, here it is! Start exercising and you will see improvement, of course you don’t want to start with running 3-5 miles a day like Kayden Thomas, you can start easy like walking a loop around your neighborhood everyday or 5 second plank, nothing too extreme because your body may not be used to the intensity yet. Once you feel confident with your simple workouts begin to increase them, maybe walking 2 laps around the block, or 10 seconds of plank. Little by little you will work up to the intense workouts.

About the Contributor
Kimberly Miller, Reporter

Kimberly Miller's favorite hobby is volley ball. She has also won first place with an Education Award and earned first place in a swimming contest.