Rampage

• September 17Read the latest newsletter at https://rammessages.blogspot.com/

Hershey goes healthy

Healthy is hot meaning it is time for Hershey to produce new products to keep the consumers happy and satisfied.

HERSHEY+MOST+COMMONLY+KNOWN+FOR+ITS+CHOCOLATE-+Most+people+recognize+Hershey+for+its+undeniable+good+chocolate+bars%2C+unfortunately+for+them+sugar+is+not+as+attractive+nowadays.+

Hershey goes healthy

HERSHEY MOST COMMONLY KNOWN FOR ITS CHOCOLATE- Most people recognize Hershey for its undeniable good chocolate bars, unfortunately for them sugar is not as attractive nowadays.

Kimberly Miller

Kimberly Miller

Kimberly Miller

Kimberly Miller, Reporter

Anybody want a Hershey’s nutrition bar? I know what you are thinking that cannot be right, it’s probably a typo. It’s supposed to say chocolate bar not nutrition. No, it is not a typo, Hershey has moved from its sweet trend to healthier products such as fruit and protein squeezes, snack squares, and nut and seed packets. Their new brand is called SoFit, which if you know Hershey’s past products, you would know they are the opposite of being “so fit”. If anything they should be called Can’t Fit as in I cannot fit into my jeans anymore.

Hershey was founded in 1894, the first SoFit product was released in 2016 making consumers go insane, “As shoppers become more health-conscious, sweet treats are bearing the brunt of their newfound healthy lifestyles” Taylor, Kate said to Business Insider (2016, January 15). As said people are not so keen of the 230-140 calories in the Hershey products, it would make sense for Hershey to switch it up a bit and aim for more appealing foods for the people who have caught onto this healthy habit.

When asked what came to mind when talking about Hershey, Carolyn Miller a Junior at HHS, said “I think of Hershey Kisses, or the chocolate bar I use for s’mores, and the Hershey’s store in New York City.” When told about Hershey’s new healthy snacks Miller responded, “I think I would be willing to try it, doesn’t sound too bad.” The SoFit snacks are currently available on Amazon ready to purchase, of course we cannot be sure on whether or not Hershey can make a nutrition bar as well as they make a Hershey’s chocolate bar.

About the Contributor
Kimberly Miller, Reporter

Kimberly Miller's favorite hobby is volley ball. She has also won first place with an Education Award and earned first place in a swimming contest.