Let The Chase Begin

students in idaho have more opportunities for scholarships and higher education than you may think. Idaho doesn’t want you to fail.

Neal A Maxwell institute for religious scholarship taken june of 2018 located in provo utah

Aspyn R. Branson and Emily Meredith

my scholarship giver taught me to find resources and taught me to aim high so that I could achieve the same results on my own for all of my other future endeavors. ”

— Mikelah- a former student greatly impacted by her scholarship

Going into high school, with a high gpa can lead to higher education opportunities. In Idaho there are so many scholarship options that it can be hard to decide which one(s) to chase. But there are also rules that apply to having a scholarship. Although signing up for scholarships is not hard. 

There are more than 2.7 million scholarship opportunities world wide. And these scholarships all help with paying for college and helps you maintain a good education for the field of work you wish to go into.

But keep in mind that keeping a scholarship isn’t easy. You must keep the same high gpa you had when you were awarded the scholarship. You also need to stay in your extracurricular classes and organization throughout high school and college. 

And depending on how well you do following these, you can earn a scholarship for 1 year or every year that you attend college.  You must meet or exceed your scholarship requirements from your scholarship-giver.

Scholarships are more likely than you may think. Some scholarships can be applied for as early as elementary school. It’s smarter to get scholarships earlier on when there is less competition and makes it easier for you to maintain the scholarship. Some scholarships require submissions 1-2 years prior to you starting college.

After submitting your request for a scholarship the results are usually announced a month after the deadline. Most scholarship submission windows last 6 months. The average scholarship amount is more than 3,800 dollars per student. 

Seven common ways most people lose their scholarships would be, not meeting required gpa, switching majors, switching colleges, using the money for other purposes, being irresponsible, lying on your resume, or not earning enough credits. The minimum credits you will need is 24 throughout your academic years.