The Falcon and Winter Soldier making a comeback

The Falcon and Winter Soldier will be coming to the comforts of your home on Disney plus.

Anthony+Mackie+and+Sebastian+Stan+are+reprising+their+roles+of+the+Sam+Wilson+and+Bucky+Barnes+on+The+Falcon+and+Winter+Soldier+which+is+now+streaming+on+Disney+plus.++

Wiki Commons

Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan are reprising their roles of the Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes on The Falcon and Winter Soldier which is now streaming on Disney plus.

Sarah Rudolph, Reporter

“We need new heroes. Ones suited for the times we’re in. Symbols are nothing without the women and men that give them meaning,” says Sam Wilson.

Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes are making a comeback in their own show called the Falcon and Winter Soldier on Disney Plus which is now streaming new episodes every Friday.

The show kicks off with Sam Wilson, the Falcon, remembering his last moment with Captain America. After Captain gave Wilson the shield in Endgame, he asks him how it feels. Wilson replied, “Like it’s someone else’s.”

In the end, Wilson ends up giving the shield to the government to keep the shield safe in the Smithsonian. The shield would be placed beside Captain America’s old suit, since the shield belonged to him.

“This is new for me. I didn’t have a moment to deal with anything, you know? I had a little calm in Wakanda. And other than that, I just went from one fight to another for ninety years,” states Bucky Barnes in a session with his therapist.

With his scarring past slowly creeping up on him, Bucky is being forced to talk about his emotions with a government official therapist.

Now, it wouldn’t be a Marvel show if there wasn’t a few twists and turns. Some of those include new characters such as John Walker who is the supposed to be the “new and improved┬┤” Captain America.

“Don’t get me wrong, this has been great. It’s been great. But it’s been a lot of handshakes, a lot of suits, a lot of speeches and senator meetings. I just want to do the job,” said John Walker, as he prepares to be the new Captain America.

When Wilson gave the shield to the government, he had no idea that the government would turn around and it give to a Captain. Neither Sam nor Bucky were too thrilled on meeting the new Captain America, but both had bigger problems to worry about than a knock off Captain America.

“These guys aren’t magic. Alright? They use brute force, just like you the incredibly annoying guy in front of me with the staring problem,” states Sam in episode 2 of Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

The Flag Smashers are the new villains, and they’re not here to mess around. Just one of them could take down Bucky Barnes in a few minutes if he was trying to stop them from reaching their goal.

The Falcon and Winter Soldier has become the thing that I look forward to every Friday. When I first saw the trailer, I thought that Sam and Bucky were not going to get along at all, and boy was I right! The only downside of the show is that it may be a little bit too violent at times, but that’s just Marvel being Marvel. While I may like the show, my older sister, Elizabeth Rudolph who is a college student at ISU, does not.

“I don’t like how the show doesn’t honor the original Captain America’s wishes. Because instead of honoring Captain America, they get a complete stranger to replace him,” says Rudolph, after being asked her opinion on the show.